Friday, January 10, 2014

Quick Update

I updated the Little Christmas post with a couple more pictures, so check that post again to see hand-painted ornaments from a friend at work.

Went back to the Buckshot with most of the rest of the folks camped in our compound for a group dinner tonight.  Everyone had the special, which was fish and chips with coleslaw.  It rocked.  So I can report that our first meal there was not a one hit wonder.  They serve reliably good food.

It was a quiet day.  I'm still not over the cold I've been battling.  Today I felt very sleepy for some reason, so I took a brief nap in the middle of the drowsy afternoon, while my campmates went to town to do laundry.  Here's a picture of the sunset from the evening of the 4th.  Sunsets out here can be spectacular.  My camera can't always capture the full glory, but this gives you a hint.


Laptop is nearly at the end of its battery power, so this must be brief.  I'll charge up tomorrow (with the power of the sun!), and should have a longer post or two tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment