Thursday, June 6, 2013

Dodds Shoes

After talking with Brittany and having lunch at the Prairie Rose, I headed across the street to Dodds Shoe Company.  As soon as I stepped inside I was hit with the wonderful smell of new leather shoes.  That’s a smell from my childhood.  Most of the independent shoe stores have disappeared where I live, giving way to cheap chains and discount stores.  Dodds, however, is the real deal.  A family owned business that has an awesome selection of exactly the kind of shoes I love.  People who know me will clutch up when I say that yes, there were lots of BROWN CLOGS in there!  I had really only meant to make a quick check, but naturally I got caught up with looking at every pair of shoes they had. 
 
I tried on a couple pairs of boiled wool clogs, which I’ve wanted for a long time.  The Haflinger ones I tried were so ME, and I absolutely loved them.  Sadly, the Haflinger arch support system doesn’t work with my weird high arches.  I walked around in them, trying to convince myself I loved how they looked so I should get them anyway.  But I knew better, so I left them there.  I didn’t find anything else that I couldn’t bear to not buy, which was probably just as well for my gas budget.  But I found out Dodds has an online website and I can order things from them.  They carry a lot of the brands I like so I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before the brown clogs of my dreams turn up there.  And I’m going to hit that store first when I return to Laramie, which hopefully will be soon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment