Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Indiana!

Whew!  Wasn't sure I'd actually make it this far.  So far I like the vibe.  It feels peaceful and downhome, a country of people who don't take life too seriously.  This seens to be supported by the goofs behind the counter at the Subway at the Crawfordsville Pilot.
 
Update:  Indiana had a lot of trees, leafy and green and restful to the eyes after the mostly treeless plains.  Sometimes they crowded right up to the road and cast welcome pools of cool shade onto the hot road.  There were lots of pretty farms and fields interspersed with stands of trees, and rivers that were full and dark with turgid water.  Even the watercourses that would be about the size of creeks back home were full up and moving.  This is a land of water, much more than back home or on the open, windswept Great Plains.
 
The weather was extremely hot and humid on Wednesday evening when I crossed into the state.  It was almost unbearable, and without the A/C running on the truck I would have been edging into the land of misery.  I kept turning it off from time to time to give the engine a break.  I’m not happy with the new radiator, which I think is smaller than the old one.  It looks like it will get me home, but the truck is running warmer than it had been.  Not overheating, just warmer.  It could be the hot weather is part of the issue, but even on hot days back home the engine ran pretty cool with the old radiator.  Something to deal with when I get home, I guess.
 
There were warnings for severe thunderstorms coming, and for right where I was going to be.  I could see building towers of cumulus as I drove east and south to Aurora, near the Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky border.

No comments:

Post a Comment