Thursday, June 6, 2013

Prairie Rose Cafe

At noon I stopped for lunch at the Prairie Rose.  This is a real old fashioned small town cafe with counter seating (there are also tables, one of which I grabbed).  Friendly service and black and white check tile floors.  This is a place for working people and they were there, having lunch.  Railroad employees, construction workers, folks on the road crew.
I'm about as far from Silicon Valley as it gets.  And that's ok with me right now!
BLT on white toast (nobody here is going to try to make me get whole wheat), side of potato salad and ice tea.  My "picnic" in the park was a string cheese and the of rest my orange juice, which was all I wanted until somebody started cooking barbeque and I knew that wasn't gonna get 'er done.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment