Friday, June 7, 2013

Cheyenne

Arrived about half an hour ago.  Thinking about where to overnite.
 
6/7 Update:  slept through the alarm this morning.  Wound up staying at a Pilot truck stop.  Lots of people snoozing in the lot, some of them having hung shirts and blankets up in the windows to try and get a little privacy and cut the glare of the lights, poor souls.  Herd mentality made me feel better about pulling in next to them for some snooze time too.
 
Up now, had a shower.  An employee asked me how the shower was.  I told him lifesaving.  He nodded, gave me a knowing, confraternal look and said, "I know how it is.  I used to drive too." 
Snort!  It must be the laptop case and the important looking binder I was carrying.  The binder that does not contain freight manifests and schedules, just a list of cities with mileage, a few sight seeing ideas and little notes to myself to be brave.
 
God help me, I'm eating breakfast at Subway.  They have power sockets.  What can I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment